DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

G3 wish list

G

Dear members,

it seems that there will be no G3 this year. So we have plenty time to discuss, what a G3 should all have, what she should look like etc.

I will start with my wish list:

1. AF/manual focus confirmation through viewfinder (split screen)

2. Viewfinder for lenses 'til 25mm and REAL high eypoint.

3. A 25mm lens

4. DOF scale on lenses
happy.gif

5. Less noisy winder or winder only attachable

6. AF without the always retracting in standard position

7. Not bigger then G2

8. Not more expansive then G2
happy.gif

9. Spot AND center weighted metering or Spot AND matrix of N1

dirk

I would like a 45 or 50mm f1.4, and I echo your wish for DoF scales on all the lenses.

My wish list:

1. Mechanical camera with optional winder

2. Hybrid electronic/mechanic shutter like nikon FM3a (with manual and Av exposure mode)

3. spot and semispot light metering

4. optional focusing help like RX

5. Viewfinder for lenses 'til 21mm

6. Lenses: 135f/2.8 and 200f/4 (with electronic help focusing is possible to use a 200mm lens)

7. DOF scale on lenses

8. Not bigger nor exprensive than G2

Giovanni

with a 135mm lens, I think I could overlook any other deficiencies.

ssp65

separated flash compensation is a must
a brighter and bigger viewfinder would be a dream

1. Bigger viewfinder
2. 135mm 2.8 lens
3. Eyesight correction range extended to -3
4. Quiet winding/advance motor

Are they planning to make a digital body for the Contax G rangefinder lenses? it would be a shame to move my 28, 45, and 90 mm into storage.
Any gossip about it?
GF

Gregory,

I agree; it would wonderful for Contax to come out with high quality, high pixel digital camera that uses the G rangefinder lenses. It would be the best of two worlds -- high quality lenses and a high quality digital.

Let's home the decision makers at Contax have the wisdom to do what makes the great sense for its loyal G1 and G2 customers all those new purchases that want digital and not film.

Howard

Howard: where are these decsion makers?
I think it would be a great boon for Contax if they could design a digital rangefinder body that could be used as a base for a p&s (like a TVS or T3). My guess is that Leica is going to come out with one soon. Or maybe Sony could do it -- after al they use Zeiss optics on their digital cameras. In any case, they can be sure that anyone who has a G with a couple of lenses would want to get a G digital body to throw into the bag.
GF

Back