DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Flektogon 20mm f 28 Carl Zeiss Jena CY mount

G

Anybody knows this lens for contax C/Y mount?
I found for 150 euro.Is it a bargain?

>i used this lens 25 years ago on a exakta. m42-version can be uses with m42-c/y -adapter-ring.

How is it the lens can you give me some information?
The flektogon 20mm 2.8 with the adapter for contax/yashica mount can give some problem to the contax RX?
May be because the frame of the rear lens is about 1mm too long and can
block the mirror of the RX?

I got a 2.8/20 Flektogon with M42 mount in excellent condition end of last year for some 150 Euro. The housing of the rear lens has to be cut off approx. 1mm because the mirror of RX and Aria was blocked by it, so I couldn´t focus to infinity (focussing below 1m didn´t block the mirror).
Optically the lens seems to be a very good performer. I compared it to VS 28-85 zoom, and noticed slightly different colours (a little blueish and yellowish touch, difficult to discribe...) and falloff of sharpness is easy noticeable in corners. But this is only a rough impression, I have not had enough time to test it seriously.

Hi Dieter,
I read your problem on an other website but I think that this problem is in relation with the adapter you are using.I have the SRB adapter from London and semms work very well.

Hi Mario, I got my 'CZJ 2.8/20mm MC electric' for around 170 EUR (USD 180) from ebay.de. M42 adapters cost EUR/USD 15 at ebay (German HAMA wants EUR 40 retail!)
I like the 67mm Filter thread which takes a Schneider 67mm Center Filter (made for Large Format super Angulons!)
My sharpness Test are ongoing. Distorsion seems very good.
Needs a customized tulip shaped lens hood (idea: from Canon EOS EF 2.8/20mm or 3.5-4.5/20-35mm)! sunlight/Flare destroys contrast.
e-Mail if you like a test slide. --Rainer

Back