DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Architectural blend

Emile15

I am not sure this is the right forum to post this image to, but if it isn't just let me know. It is an experiment with using blends and masks to superimpose some nine images. Comments and criticism welcome.
Architectural Blend3-Edit.jpg
  • Canon - Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 640

It's not clear what you are trying to achieve with this image, but then art, photography and life are not black and white... except when shooting black and white of course... :)

Very nice. I too first thought I was looking at a reflection. Can you share a little about how you made the image? What tools what choices did you make in camera to facilitate this - if any?

Thanks. I used photoshop and if I remember correctly nine photographs of relatively modern buildings. At first I just blended them on top of each other with different transparency setting to emphasise certain buildings a little more. I wasn't completely satisfied since one image spoiled the bottom third a little with its streetlights, so I removed the disturbing elements from that image ("masking").

Back