DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A few Shots...

tc95

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    EXIF
    1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    EXIF
    2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpg
    EXIF
    3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    EXIF
    4.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 17
Hi Tony,

welcome to our SIGMA-forum. Thanks for sharing your pictures ....
very nice shots indeed.

Please do not use external links to insert your images. The problem is that our threads do not make sense for future reading when external picture sources are switched off later (dead links!). So please upload your pics to our server ... using the "paper-clip". (I changed that above).

The cat is very nice-looking ... could be a bit brighter perhaps?!
The herons are marvelous!! :z02_respekt::z02_respekt:

The last picture is very interesting as well!! Are that ravens in the snowy tree??

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Klaus,

Sorry I will upload them next time....Newbe mistake...it is a group of ravens it is actualy about 95 F out when I took it...used my IR converted d100

When I saw them the first thing that came to mind was the old movie attack of the killer birds....

Thank you for the comments...I tried to lighten my cat picture looses something when I do it...any other suggestions..

Tony C.

Hi Tony,

the SD10 is a unique camera ... not even easy to cope with. Once under control, you can do brillant pictures with it.

How long have you been using it?

Klaus

Klaus,

Only about 2 months....I am waiting on the 80-400mm sigma mount to come back from the the Sigma service center in NY....once that is back...I will go shoot and play more with the sigma....Right now I shoot more Nikon...but all this is only for my enjoyment.

And you....

Tony C.

Hi again,

I started up with SIGMA in 2005 ... to be honest ... the SD10 then was the first DSLR available less than 500,-€ (with bundeled 18-50mm DC 3.5-5.6).

First, my results were really bad! It is really necessary to cope with SIGMA RAW image processing! Otherwise you will not really enjoy this cam. Luckily I did not return the SIGMA but then really fell in love with the FOVEON colours and the pictures incredible three-dimensional look. Then I got me an SD9 (a non-seller never used) and this year an SD14-body. Well, I also got a few:D lenses.

My English gallery still is under construction .... pictures do not need a certain language ... have a look HERE ... if you like

Klaus

Klaus,

Love the pictures you have...I found the SD10 and two lenses 28-70 f2.8 and 80-400 f4-5.6 from a guy selling it on Craigslist here in Houston....I really did not have any intention of using anything other than Nikon since I have about 20 lens from 10.5mm all the way up to the 800mm Nikkor, but the price was low enough for me to try it out...I really like the colors...and yes I have found out you need to first use thier software and then use anything else you may want to edit it with....I think I would like to try one of the lens adapters for the Sigma so I can use the Nikkor Lenses I have...Have you had any experience with these..?? I know this is probably not the right thread for this...Is the SD14 really worth moving up to...I have fallen in love with the colors on the sigma so far....and do you know anything about this SD15 I keep reading about...??

Thank you for your info Klaus...

Tony C.

Opps I put the wrong lens in thier...28-70mm should be 24-60mm

Hi Tony,

First, are you using the latest RAW-software (SPP 2.5 if you are PC-user / 3.2 for the MAC) If not, please download the latest software from the SIGMA Page. Progress is more than visible!

http://www.sigma-sd14.com/software/spp/

Secondly, Nikon lenses to SIGMA BODIES can be fitted to the SD9 and the SD10 bodies. This adapter should work with all manual NIKKORs....

http://www.jtat.com/sd/index.html

The SD14 cannot do this job! SIGMA now does without the outer-ring-bajonett! The NIKON adapter makes use of this feature which is no longer available with the SD14.

Using NIKKOR or M42 lenses is easily possible with the SD10! Switch your SD to (A) Mode and dial the cam to 2.8 aperture (to calibrate the light metering)! Then choose your ISO speed and dial the "real" aperture on the lens! All the rest works automatically.

Exposure calibration with manual lenses: (to be adjusted with the cameras)

SD9: 5.6
SD10: 2.8
SD14: 1.0

To have this clear ... these values are not the "real" apertures, you take the pictures with ... they must be adjusted to calibrate the cameras' light metering. The cams then will choose their appropriate shutter speeds.
The AF-sensor-system works perfectly with manual fokussing ... say ... the camera indicates and beeps when you got your focus in the exact range!

See you with nice pictures:)

Klaus

P.S.: If there are further questions ... feel free to ask!

Back