DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

German vs Japan made Lens

As someone who has lived in SA on and off for many years I can tell you Rico is right about the BMW's . I'm not sure how much of the cars are actually produced or sourced here , but they are certainly not just "assembled", that much I do know . As for Zeiss its my understanding that Zeiss have a permanent contingent of some 15 people[or thereabouts] in Japan overseeing and involved in lens production . Clearly , Zeiss take their quality and reputation very seriously . Their really isnt any truth in the German ones being better[just snob value] , in fact some lenses have been updated over the years and these would be better , in some respects , than the generally older german made ones . Steve

Who makes the Japanese Zeiss' anyway? I think that is the real question. If it's Kyocera or Zeiss themselves, why are we talking about this at all?

Kyocera has proven to over and over to happy Contaxians that they can build objects of very high quality...

Back