DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Fuji fortia SP does anyone know what this film is

When I clicked the link, it produced a page in Japanese but there was a reference to Velvia 50 so maybe that's what it is.
Cheers,
John

Velvia 50 is listed on that page too. This film is different.

It may be the Provia 400X, but I wanted to find out for sure.

Mike.

Fuji Fortia SP is a limited edition Velvia based film. The SP means Spring as it was 'designed' to be used especially for Japan's famous Spring 'Sakura' Season. It produces very extreme colour hues, more so than Velvia does and is especially suited for slightly duller days where vivid colours would not be possible using Velvia. It was produced in 2004 and 2005 for sale only in Japan in limited quantites for 120 and 35mm sizes for sale in packs of 5 rolls. I still have some rolls which I am saving for when I see an oppotunity to use it. Fuji recommend that you rate the film at ISO 64 and I can tell from experience that the colour is unlike any other film out there. Unfortunately I have no scans to post for people to view but people I have spoken to who have used it have said the same about the colour qualities. You can search on flickr and other photo sites for people who have posted shots taken with Fortia.

Hi John I can mail you an image taken by a friend using medium format version of the film I don't want to post it on the forum as he's a commercial photographer so he may use this image. My mail is eddiechum@yahoo.co.uk

Back