DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SL SL2

However, till then, what kind of handheld light > meters do you > reccomend? ================================================================= Justin's recommendations are quite good. However, you failed to mention whether you are looking for a new or used meter. So I will offer the following about used:

1. Be sure the batteries are still available. Many high quality used meters use the now discontinued PX-13 or PX-625. The Gossen LunaSix or LunaPro can be adjusted to use 1.5v silver oxide batteries. I cannot speak for others.

2. If you can afford one, get a meter that will do both ambient and flash. A used Minolta Flashmeter would be a good choice. I am sure there are others also.

3. The last models of the old Weston Master meters are still quite usable if in good working order. They are quite sensitive and do not require batteries. Be sure it is in good condition before buying.

please help me!
I have received as a gift one LeicaFlex SL, and I was of course very happy (the only shot click is music to hear!).
Unfortunately after my last holyday, I discovered there is one fault in the camera: photos fantastically sharp but with a clear too bright band.
Probably the shutter goes less fast quite at the end of his run.
Am I the first with this problem?
please, let me know what to do, thanks

Gian, Your Leicaflex SL is between 29 and 35 years old. It needs a trip to the repair shop for a cleaning, lubrication adn adjustment. Enjoy your wonderful new/old camera.
Happy Snaps,

> > in the camera: photos fantastically sharp but with a clear too bright band.[..

Gian Paolo,

Your camera needs to be seen by a qualified and experienced repairman. It most likely needs only to be cleaned, lubricated and adjusted.

Send it to Sherry Krauter or Leica Service Department (Gerald Wagner) who has maintained my SL and SL MOT like new for thirty years.

Does anybody know how to get a diopter correction for the SL/SL2?
Thanks

Juan

I own and use a black SL2 for many years and one of my favourite lens is the 180 apo Telyt 3.4 ( now discontinued )

Does anyone have a Extender 2R ( Model 11237 ) for sale?

J Low

Back