DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

RTS II Battery drain after repair service

crocus63

After having Kyocera NJ service my RTS II for a mirror problem, they not only was it returned with a marginal repair to the mirror but now the battery drains fast. I'm using the alkaline PX28 as well as a silver oxide one.

I almost believe a minimal CLA / overhaul was performed if there ever was one done in the first place. I knew from the beginning that the RTSII is no longer supported for servicing, but the Svc Dept stated they could do it. Charged me $183 big ones.

They gave a 6 month warranty with the service, but I am not confident it will come back any better. Besides, they took 2 1/2 months to do the repair and I repaired the mirror myself last night (why not? if I damaged it they would get the camera back anyhow). But there must be a short as my battery drains fast
sad.gif

Ugh! What a bind. I would 'phone the Service Manager and tell him of your disappointment. They should have the camera back and pay the postage and they should re-repair it very quickly as an urgent priority: 2 1/2 months and $183 and still not right is terrible.
Good luck with it.
John

Back