CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

my contax AX don't focus to infinity

gillou

hi,
in the view finder, manualy or using auto focus, my AX do not align microprism split screen to infinity. maybe a mirror trouble. do you think so ?

flatulent1

I have that problem with my Canon F-1, though I've never had it looked at. Have you shot film to see if the trouble shows up in images?

gillou

Hi,
i wil check to day on film. i 've shot in several positions, and different lenses. in fact, auto focus get in focus at short distance but it is out of focus at infinity.

gillou

surprise ! infinity is out of focus with lenses of 50mm and below ,35, 28, 25mm .... the focus error (in the view finder) is worse with wider lenses.
furthermore i check with a second film if there is a trouble of rear focusing. don't know if both problems are closely linked

gillou

finaly, it is not a big problem, surely not a problem at all. all images are well focused.