DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

What next 50 or 75

G

I'm enjoying using my M6 TTL, now that I've at least temporarily made my peace with what I continue to find is a difficult film loading process. any tips on same would be greatlyh appreciated. I expect, howver, that it will take practice, practice, practice.....

I currently use the 35 2.0 Sumicron almost exclusively. I'd like to add a somewhat longer lens, and have looked at the 90 2.0 ASPH. Apart from its much higher price, the 75 Summilux is also appealing. I'm doing mostly statues-in-city park photos, at various times of day in all kinds of weather - trying to develop a feel for the effects creted by varying kinds/directions of light. I'd like to be able to emphasize some unique or interesting aspects of these statues, somewhat isolated from their backgrounds. Hencve the need for a lens somewhat longer than the 35.

Any thoughts re 75 or 90? I'm a novice, so all comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

> William, my suggestion with the film loading is buy some out of date film, and keep loading it. My M4-P I keep the rewind knob crank up to make sure everything is working ok for the first few frames.

As for the lens the 90 F2.8 should work fine, it doesn't have any depth of field.

Hi William: Why don't we communicate off of the thread. I can walk you through the loading a few times. Really not that difficult ( vs. the darn screw mount cameras! ). Alternately, if you desire, we can speak on the phone.

Elliot

Back