DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Recent B&W - Agfapan APX 400

sportback

Since I ran my development time testing last week, I've been keen to actually go out and use this film. At last I was able to this afternoon, and the results are interesting (Well, to me at least!)

Very thick base film, seems to hold up ok at 400 ISO, and if you're looking for contrast!

Thought I'd share a couple with you. These are straight scans - and aside from a little USM, they're straight off the film.

Attachments

• 028-29-010 usm.jpg
    EXIF
    028-29-010 usm.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 028-29-010 usm.jpg
    EXIF
    028-29-010 usm.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 14
I recently shot more than 30 rolls of Rollei Retro 400s, according to the internet this is just rebranded agfa apx 400...

I did find it very interesting and vintage looking... very grainy but the contrast is lovely... specially the shadow roll-off, it is incredible..

what developer are you using, I used kodak D76 (stock) normally at 20 C. for 10min:50sec

I still have 4 rolls left that I might use at some point...

Cheers

Yes I'm using 'Rollei' branded film, but it is AGFA 400s.

I'm using T-Max 1:4 12 minutes 20° (Principally because it's what I'm using for other film stock)

Back