DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Just bought the 8700 anyone else

B

Brendavaughan

Hi
I just got the 8700, had to go get the battery grip because the camera was to small for my hands to fit comfortably..It's a perfect fit now. I like the easy use and the look and feel of the camera..Have taken some pics, some very good (detail, color, and so on) easy to get blurred out of focus shots if not careful..Auto focus is slow and sometimes difficult because it doesn't focus at times until after you click the shutter. Times when it looks blurry in the view finder and you click a perfect pic. I don't like that but I do like the picture quality.. and I'm learning more everyday..right now I'm checking into the manual focus. Anyone have one of 8700 yet?

Brenda - When you use the 8700, does it have anymore of an SLR feel than similar digital cameras you have tried? Sorry for the question rather than an answer but I am still using the F3 film camera precisely for the reasons you have mentioned; I would have to rely on an optical viewfinder and much manual focus - I use my wife,s 5MP Minolta but I don't like LCD focus. Tom

Have had mine abt 4 days now. Comming from oly E10 and sony 717, V1 which I need to get rid of now. Wanted the best "walk around" nikon I could get while waiting for the d70. Tried the 5400 and had to send it back. The sophistication of the 8700 is amazing. It is everything you would expect from nikon and believe it to be the best 8mp out there. Rarely shoot at 8mp fine, usually 8mp normal or 5mp normal..Occ do nef..Yesterday got the sb800 to go with 8700 and D70..I have had maybe 5 digitals in 3 years, never been seduced by one like this. Maybe it is because I am realizing the benefits of all the others and bringing it to bear on this one..Like mine set to -2 sat. Some use some sharpening, I do it in PS.. Cant say enough about this tool....Next addition will be the batt grip..

Any more comments on his or her 8700? I have not found any detailed reviews with images taken with this model. Tom

They also have a pretty decent review at:

http://www.dpreview.com

I've had mine for a couple weeks now and I'm very impressed with the image quality. Still need to learn more about it, though.

Anyone used a flash in the hotshoe yet? I want to do some outdoor portraits and would like some fill-in flash that minimizes red-eye.

Does anyone have info on the shutter used in the D70? It's probably a focal plane type, but is it related to the one used in the latest FM film series?

Bob R

NIKON COOLPIX 8700

PLEASE I CANNOT USE THE NIKON PAGE OF EUROPE...THE REASON IS THE SERIAL NUMBER IS REGISTERED TO SELL IN USA.... AND I WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE SPANISH MANUAL...FROM NIKON SPAIN....THE SISTEM DENIES THIS....SOMEONE CAN GIMME ANOTHER SITE TO OBTAIN THAT THANKS A LOT REGARDS FROM GUATEMALA CENTRAL AMERICA.....FIDEL REYNA\

You probably bought a grey market camera from a scam artist. I expect that the price was way lower than any legitimate dealer could charge and still stay in business. Legal cameras are easily registered and fully supported. You dealt with a crook.

Back