DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Flickr - embed images into the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not find a way with a smartphone to see the BBcode at Flickr. At least not on other's poeple images. Maybe there are more options if you are logged in into your won account there.

So the best way with Flickr seems to be to do this on a PC/Mac and use the BBcode for this. Instructions below:

Flickr1.jpg

Flickr2.jpg

Flickr3.jpg

Not sure if I have fully understood the problems you are seeing, but for me I simply do this to post a photo from Flickr:

1. Open the image in Flickr and click on the share button
2. Select the BBCode option on the share page
3. Select the size (I use 'original')
4. Copy the URL provided
5. Paste the URL into the message on the forum

That's it.

And when I view the forums on my iPhone (using the default Safari browser), the photos that everyone posts this way appear just fine.

MAybe this is an option, if you are logged in at Flickr? Because I can not see that option.
I'm sorry but the windows language is Catalan, flickr's is Spanish and I communicate with you using Google translator, so put a little imagination into it :)
a.jpg
b.jpg

Not sure if I have fully understood the problems you are seeing, but for me I simply do this to post a photo from Flickr:

1. Open the image in Flickr and click on the share button
2. Select the BBCode option on the share page
3. Select the size (I use 'original')
4. Copy the URL provided
5. Paste the URL into the message on the forum

That's it.

And when I view the forums on my iPhone (using the default Safari browser), the photos that everyone posts this way appear just fine.
Correct, Dirk and everyone. Use BBCode if you have it under share on your posting device. Problem is that some (all?) cellphones do NOT show that BBCode option and we were trying to find an alternative. What I can use on my android phone is share then a short link shows (no BBCode shows) but that option gives the black lines and directional arrows that Dirk pointed out. Not as nice as a clean image, but at least an image shows up ...
Best regards, Sandy Fleischmann

...Problem is that some (all?) cellphones do NOT show that BBCode option and we were trying to find an alternative....

The Flickr Android app does not show the share link. I've gotten around this by opening Flickr in Chrome, then selecting desktop mode. The arrow share icon will appear, and the BBcode sharing option is then available.

I never knew one could do that. I'm on my android phone. I clicked chrome symbol then went to Flickr. Then I looked for desktop...everywhere. found it under option drop down menu upper right. BbCode appears! Selected. Added that to clipboard then I'll try to paste that link below. Let's see what happens. I never knew so much about my phone LOL
SDIM0321 Sigma DP3Quattro Petunias CROP by Sandy Fleischmann, on Flickr

I never knew one could do that. I'm on my android phone. I clicked chrome symbol then went to Flickr. Then I looked for desktop...everywhere. found it under option drop down menu upper right. BbCode appears! Selected. Added that to clipboard then I'll try to paste that link below. Let's see what happens. I never knew so much about my phone LOL
SDIM0321 Sigma DP3Quattro Petunias CROP by Sandy Fleischmann, on Flickr
EUREKA It works. It's alive.... LOL

by opening Flickr in Chrome, then selecting desktop mode. The arrow share icon will appear, and the BBcode sharing option is then available.

Great idea! Thank you!

ok, then we only have to figure out now, how we can display the Exif data, when ebedding Flickr images. As I do not see them in the last posting.
I usually just type in camera, lens, and basic exposure info under the image, like so.

Cherry Blossoms by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII Limited Silver and Pentax-K 50mm f1.2 taken at f1.2, 1/750s, and ISO 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back