DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma SD14

wang

I have always been impressed by the Foveon concept and I have great expectations on SD-14. I hope they have completed the digital revolution by offering a 24x36 format with 3 colours per pixel recognition.

The next job is to fit Zeiss lens to SD-14. This camera comes with Sigma SA mount. Does anyone knows about this mount ? Is this mount big enough to allow cross platform adaptors ? Are the Sigma lenses good ?

Hi Joseph,

Where did you hear about the SD-14?

I have searched the net and cannot find a reference to it although I know that Dirk mentioned a new Sigma to be announced at Photokina a while ago.

Iv'e no recent experience of Sigma lenses apart from a 24mm CZ East which I have and I think was made by Sigma. I like it.

I seem to remember reading in Amateur Photographer occasionally of pictures taken with Sigma lenses and they seem OK.

I would be interested too.

Cheers,
John

happy.gif

News section of Camera-info.com. Yesterday was the announcement:

https://camera-info.com/Sigma/Sigma_SD14_DSLR.html

And our report from June 21, 2006, that Sigma will present the SD 10 successor at Photokina:

https://camera-info.com/Nikon/New_Sigma_DSLR_at_Photokina.html

Hi

I have the Sigma SD14 since last December. I am VERY pleased with the results. But the SD14 has also its disadvantages (not only the lens mount).

I will report more details later on as soon as I have more time but in short:
  • The SD14 Foveon sensor can give you results, that will remind you on the old Fuji Velvia 50 and Provia 100F. 3-D effct, clean images, and the feeling you could "touch" the stuff you photographed.
  • Suprisingly good noise reduction, although at high ISO not as good as Nikon/Canon
  • Very good colours (velvia)
  • You can use easily the new Zeiss ZS (M42 screw mount) lenses with an M42 to Sigma adapter on the SD14. Works perfectly. I have currently the ZS 50/1.4 and will get this week the ZS 35/2.0.
More details later...

Greetings

Back