DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Post your nature and wildlife pictures

Ah yes that is what I know it as. I see your name translates as Shorerunner. That would fit many waders. What do you call the other birds with Sandpiper in their English names?
I'm sure there are more but I found these:

Green Sandpiper - Witgat (white bum) :)
Wood Sandpiper - Bosruiter
Some birds are named after their call:
Common Redshank - Tureluur
Black-tailed Godwit - Grutto (our Dutch national bird)

I'm sure there are more but I found these:

Green Sandpiper - Witgat (white bum) :)
Wood Sandpiper - Bosruiter
Some birds are named after their call:
Common Redshank - Tureluur
Black-tailed Godwit - Grutto (our Dutch national bird)
Interesting. Our Wheatear (Oenanthe oenanthe) comes from “white arse” which is pretty much white bum. Redstart (Phoenicurus phoenicurus) is from “red arse”.
We also have some names based on call like Chiffchaff (Phylloscopus colybita.) It’s my favourite call. What do you call that?

White fronted Terns. I call this one the greaser because I know exactly what he wants ;) Two different Terns in flight

DSC06835.jpg

DSC06712.jpg

DSC06855.jpg

All the best folks.

Danny.

Interesting. Our Wheatear (Oenanthe oenanthe) comes from “white arse” which is pretty much white bum. Redstart (Phoenicurus phoenicurus) is from “red arse”.
We also have some names based on call like Chiffchaff (Phylloscopus colybita.) It’s my favourite call. What do you call that?
Basically the same in Dutch: Tjiftjaf :)

While trying to capture fishing Tern this Canadian totally caught me off guard. While trying to zoom out for dear life I was able to catch up somewhat but I almost let him slip out of the frame doing that, hence the missing wingtip in the second image.

52858206500_0e23059d13_c.jpg

52857236602_c4e2c2a877_c.jpg
That's some really nice details in there and the slight shadows on the wing feathers gives those details depth, very nice.

Danny.

Back