DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Is 220 euro for a 8528 AE West Germany a good price

S

sledgehammer

Hello,

I´m new here. I´m wondering if 220 euro is a good price for a Sonnar 85/2,8 AE? I have an S2 so I don´t need to have an MM lens.

regards
Christer Fischier

Hello Christer,
it depends. Try to specify condition of the lens.
Concerning price of this lens I cannot answer you exact price but for imagination: I know that 85/1,4 MM (perfect condit.) was bought for 420EUR. Maybe try to think if you can afford this glass (AE version also possible) . You cannot be disappointed.
regards, Pavel
ps.owners of both will certainly advise you.

I dont know the conditions yet. But the owner says that it is in good condition. I have a chance to see the lens next monday. He asked ME what price he should take... =)
From the beginning he should sell his camerabody(167MT), 50/1,7, 85/2,8 and TLA30. All this for only 370EUR! Maybe I should buy everything and sell it except for the 85 =)

regards
Christer
(Sorry for my english...)

Christer, yes I think buying the whole package and reselling the things you do not need might be smart. Check the closed prices on ebay for these other items, and if they are in good working order, you might end up with a Free 85/2.8 I just saw a 167MT in a Chicago camera shop for US$350+. OF course that is probably a bit more than on Ebay - so check the closed Ebay auctions to be sure of what you might get for it. Good luck!! -Lynn

I can buy it for 140EUR he said, incl adapter ring and metal hood. If the lens is in good shape, this is a very good price, I think!

regards
Christer

Hi Christer!

You wrote :

From the beginning he should sell his camerabody(167MT), 50/1,7, 85/2,8 and TLA30. All this for only 370EUR! Maybe I should buy everything and sell it except for the 85 =)

That's exactly what I would do ! - if not use the 167 MT yourself ....

Paul

Back