DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Canon EOS 5 EOS A2E

ruben_blaedel

I have a eos 5 and a speedlite 540 ez - I would like to know if there is any discription of what you can and can not do with this combination it is not covered in the manual for the eos 5 ( only shows the 430 ez) and i dont have the manual for the 540 ez. Has anyone in this forum used it in any special way ++ special results - I use primarly 20-35 mm wide zoom and 100 macro - regards Ruben

Hello guys,
I am an EOS 3 user, and I wanna get a second backup body. Friends recomended the EOS 5 but someone told me that this body has no remote control..?! Is it true?

I have the Japanese eos 5 with the date back. I'm pretty sure that this model and the American model have the same remote, the 60T3. It's not wireless though..

Hi Ruben,

I can't answer your question directly, but I suggest you take a look at this extremely comprehensive FAQ on Canon EOS flash, you answer will almost certainly be in there somewhere:

http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/

Noa,

The EOS-5 does have a remote control socket, but it has a different fitting than the EOS-3 and 1v. I started with a 5 and bought a 3 as a second body, and very rapidly decided to get rid of the 5. They are just a little bit too dissimilar and I found myself getting caught out a lot of the time. If you have the money, consider a second EOS-3, there are lots available for reasonable money right now, as everyone is in a frenzy to buy the 10D. I've upgraded, but to a 1v not a digital body. If you're based in the UK then I'd be happy to sell you my barely-used EOS-3 for a good price. Mail me directly if you're interested.

Best regards,

-= mike =-

Can someone be so kind to e-mail me the Customfuntions or send me a link where I can find them please ??
Cheers/Gunnar

Back