DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax T3

Yeah Vajirune, that's a bit too long. I'd rather have the cf Gitzo at that length, and of course, several hundred more dollars! lol

One of these days I'd love to visit and shoot in Thailand. I've heard it's quite beautiful and affordable. I've got Amsterdam and Paris coming up next spring for the first time. I'm pretty excited. So maybe Thailand in 2004? lol

Take Care, Chris

Chris,

There are much smaller and lighter tripods that extend like an antenna. It is just perfect to carry around when I go on a trip abroad. It helps include myself in the family picture without having to ask anyone else to take our snap shots.

Our last trip was the Whistler mountain, Canada in November 2002. The same tripod again proved to be instrumental in helping us take numerous sharp pictures.

Drop me a line before you come to Thailand. I can give you all the help you may need. Thailand is still famous for glittering temples, floating market, elephant shows, clear blue sea and white fine sand on the beaches along Andaman sea. Plan for a 2-3-week stay to make your trip worthwhile.

Our next trip will be Prague this coming April 2003. Could you please provide any recommendations? It's going to be our first time there.

Vajirune
Bangkok, Thailand

Vajirune,

I'm confident you will have a wonderful time in Prague. Bring lots of film--the architecture is amazing.
Prague is small, a delightful walking city. One can walk all day, marvelling at sights throughout the city. Climb all the towers located throughout the city. They provide wonderful views. Some side trips you might consider, depending on the length of your stay, include: Cesky Krumlov, Telc, Kunta Hora, Terezin, and one or two castles. You should definitely consider setting aside time for concerts, especially the Mozart concert at Villa Bertrenka(can't remember if this is the exact spelling),where Mozart lived for a period of time.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me.

Have a wonderful trip.

Diane

Do any of you who are dependant on a diopter adjustment knob use the T3?

Vajirune, Thanks for the offer, I'll def. save this post till we get a chance to travel to Thailand as I love to talk to locals as inevitably, you always get the best information vs. a travel book imo. And sorry, I've never been to Prague...yet.

Going to order that Cullman mini tripod, as well as either a Gitzo 1077m small magnesium ballhead or the small Giotto 1003 small ballhead. The whole bundle will come in at about 1.5lb. I may also just order the Gitzo G1028 just to check it out.

Take Care,
Chris

Are folks considering monopods instead of tripods for small camera support? Unless you're interested in making self-portraits, a monopod is lighter, smaller, and quicker to set up and use than a tripod.

Just a thought.

--Rick

Diane

Thank you so much for your kind recommendation. I will definitely take note of the name of places you mentioned and take them along with me.

I have just bought a book called Prague - Places and History by Claudia Sugliano (White Star Publishers) and skimmed through it. As you have said, the architechture is amazing.

Also, thank you for offering me to e-mail you. I would need more suggestions on other points. You are very friendly and kind, indeed.

Warm regards,

Vajirune
Bangkok, Thailand

Rick, I need a tripod for two reasons: self portraits and street/architectural photography. It's so much easier having a pod that stays fixed when trying various angles to the shot. Otherwise, I think a monopod is a good travel support.

Chris

Hi.

Does anyone have experience with either the 1A Skylight or A2 (81B) filters? My interest is photographing mountain temples in Japan, but the sky is generally overcast and the scanned negatives come out with a blue cast and a violet sky.

I just bought the Contax T3 but I need to be sure I've got the right filter(s) before my next trip to Japan. I'm not sure I can do much pre-trip testing since I live in Bangkok and there's no rain at this time of the year.

- craig

Back