CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Near the end of 2011 still using SL300RT

pr1uk

Well its getting nearer and nearer to the end of 2011 and i still use my Contax SL300RT regularly. This is one amazing camera and you will never find me without it in my pocket unless i have my main camera.
How many other people out there still use this camera at least once a week i wonder

Peter

dirk

CI-Founder
Hi Peter,

out of financial reasons I sold almost all of my Contax gear. I have left only a Kyocera 300 (which is the same as the Contax sister model without Zeiss glass, yashica Super 2000 and my beloved Zeiss 50/1.7 with MM mount :)

But I use the new Zeiss ZS 35/2.0 and ZS 50/1.4 (M42 mount) on different DSLRs. I have converted my Zeiss 135/2.8 and 80-200/4.0 to M42 mount (Leitax did that for me) to use it on different DSLRs

Best wishes

pr1uk

Hi Peter,

out of financial reasons I sold almost all of my Contax gear. I have left only a Kyocera 300 (which is the same as the Contax sister model without Zeiss glass, yashica Super 2000 and my beloved Zeiss 50/1.7 with MM mount :)

But I use the new Zeiss ZS 35/2.0 and ZS 50/1.4 (M42 mount) on different DSLRs. I have converted my Zeiss 135/2.8 and 80-200/4.0 to M42 mount (Leitax did that for me) to use it on different DSLRs

Best wishes

My main camera is the Leica V-Lux 1 (red dot panny) and i love it as it still feels like a camera to use. The VLUX1 is used when i go out to shoot but the SL300RT is with me all the other times and i have had so good resuils i always wanted a Contax N. I was offered one last week but the price these things still sell for means unles i win the pools i will never own one. As an OAP it take time to save but i think by January i should have saved £1000 and would love a new camera for 2012. My likes but way out of my range are Contax N, Epson R-D1, real Leica ether the M8 or M9 but these choices with a good lens are why above my resorces.
So from what i have read so far i will be going for a Fuji X100 at least these look like a real camera.
But whatever camera i buy there will always be a time i can only carry a very small camera so the good old solid Contax SL300RT will still hav eits uses.

dirk

CI-Founder
Hi Peter,

are you aware, that Fuji will come out with a new X-system with interchangeble lenses in spring 2012?

I have currently the X100, great camera, but in your case I would wait until February 2012. Once you know what Fuji will offer there, it will be easier for you to make a decision with no regrets.

Leica will probably come out with a M10 at Photokina 2012. But it will be always Leica prices. I guess the better price/performance ratio will be the upcoming Fuji X-system

Or a second hand DSLR...

Best wishes

dirk

CI-Founder
... and I forgot to mention:

Sony NEX. Cheap second hand and with an adapter you can use Contax G lenses on it, which are very cheap these days. I use a NEX 5 (without the N2") with my Contax G 28, 35, 45 and 90.

The Sony NEX 5N (pay attentionto the "N" in the name) would then be the way to go. Or teh NEX 7, but the latter one will have delivery delay becuase of the floods in Thailand...

pr1uk

I am a viewfinder man can gett o grips with holding a camera away from my body being an old git i love the camera in my face, just feels right