DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Yashica T Zoom

Hi, Leo. I am Lam Ching Chung from U Hall. of Hong Kong U. Supprise?

I use a T2. According to your slide experience, which P&S has the best lens? Which lab are using for slide and photos?

BTW, send me a personal email if you are free.

Regard, Jose Lam joselam@netvigator.com >

Hi Dan!

I really agree with You, comparison with a Zoom is not fair. Sorry!

Regards Wolfgang

Can anyone tell me if the new T4 Zoom has a lens cover that deploys automatically when the camera is powered down?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave, the answer is yes. On power-down, a small shutter flicks across the lens, and the barrel retracts to a nearly flush position. The protection is sufficient for dust and fingers, but it doesn't match a robust clamshell.

I took 4 rolls of Fuji 400 Superia print film with my new T4 Zoom. All pictures were taken indoors.

no shots out of focus;
flash exposure quite good;
viewfinder squinty;
need to get use to small body;
images not sharper than my P&S Samsung with
Schneider lens;
low light or low contrast triggered flash 2x.
makes it tricky when taking pictures of
children;
no distortion at any focal length;
good color.

Can anyone in the US recommend a high quality mail-in lab for print film? The No. 1 mega store in my area sends film to a Fuji Mini Lab (NJ). Do they do good work?
Thanks for your help. (dkramer@clarkhill.com)

>I have gone to A&I here in Hollywood. They are also a mail-in lab. Check >aandi.com I believe is their website.

Has anyone experienced rapid battery discharge with a Contax Tvs. Mine was fine, then suddenly it seems to drain the battery in the normal, flash in auto mode. This appears to occur even when the camera is switched off.
Please advise

Ming Ting,

Thanks for the info on A & I. Have you used them with some regularity, and do you consider their processing to be HIGH quality?

Any evaluative comments would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

I had my T4 Zoom for three months. It's just a point & shoot camera with contax name. Available light photos without flash is good. With flash, my photos look ordinary. The long exposure timing is welcome, but only with hand held metering & wide open aperature. Exposure compensation of +1.5 or -1.5 is limiting. Spot metering is great, very accurate.

Got my wish for Christmas: a T4 Zoom. Impressions thus far: I think it's a great little camera for under $200. I quickly learned that red-eye is inevitable when shooting with flash at the longer focal lengths in typical evening conditions indoors, with or without the anti-red-eye feature. And the photographer has little control over the exposure. The +/- 1.5 compensation is not really useful. However, I have learned to trust the camera under most conditions. I snapped off a roll of slide film day before yesterday in bright, sunny conditions, and was surprised to find the exposures absolutely correct in almost every instance. The only way I could induce flare was to include the 11 a.m. Texas sun in the frame, and then I only got some veiling flare. The transparencies were sharp and saturated at all focal lengths. As soon as my scanner gets back from warranty repair (a month gone so far) I'll post a few. The T4 is a heck of a bargain.

Back