DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Mr Stein and Mr Uhl

hyper

does anybody knows where i can find information about Mr. Stein, the designer of the M3 and Mr Uhl, the person to mastermind the production department and quality assurance?

thanking you in advance.

patricio

Why don't you try contacting the Corporate Communications department of Leica AG in Germany?
They would be very happy to supply you with information.
Happy Snaps,
Sal

I have a M3 I want to to repair some small ding and dent it has on the top cover and paint the back door frame, and change the damaged vulcanite.
Does any one know of a good repair shop in Europe where they do this kind of cosmetics repairs?
Thanks a lot

Mariano

Mariano,

my first choice would be always Leica itself. It can not be made cheaper or better. Every dealer who is inbetween that chain is only eraning money to send it himself to Leica.

Just my 2 cents

Thanks Dirk,

I had never thought about your logical answer because I believed Leica did not repaired cosmetics on old cameras. Have you or someone else heard about somebody that has sent a camera to Solms to be painted or change the vulcanite.??? If it is posiible it would be a great solution.

Regards Mariano

I am sorry to have introduced a question under the subject of Mr Stein and Mr. Uhl that has no relation with it. I tried to send a different subject but I see I have failed. I must learn how to do it properly.

Mariano,

For cosmetic restoration give Ottmar Michaely a call on +49 (6441) 31841. I have only personal experience of his doing CLA work, however have heard that he "paints usw."

Justin

Back