DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

G

Hi, everybody!
Can anyone tell me something of the photo-quality of the Ixus v3 compared to other small 3 MP camera's?
Thanks a lot!
Frank

Hi, everybody!
I will try it again: can anybody tell me something about the photo-quality of the Ixus v3 compared to other small 3MP camera's?
Thanks!!
Frank

I have a digital IXUS. The photo quality on small 3MP cameras is similar = to comparing point and shoot cameras to SLRs - very mediocore. I use my = digital for photos of friends, family, parties and taking pics of people = before using my EOS1v for portraits. I show them to the people at the = time and post the pictures on my website for sharing with others. The = major advantages of Canon's IXUS is the software & camera's robustness. = The low cost (compared to the EOS digitals) and instantaneous pictures = means that the camera suits my needs. The small file size is and an = advantage for uploads with the picture quality without compression. The = limitations of the v3 are that the camera has a short optical zoom and = not much in the way of customisable functions compared to the 330. If = you are expecting a lot of difference in 3MP cameras, there isn't. I = bought my camera because it suits my needs - I never print any of the = photos taken on my digital, but I post a lot of pictures to the website, = and the quality is acceptable. If you want to do some practical tests, = shortlist two or three cameras, go to a high street camera shop and take = some photos and print the results in the shop - major chains have = flagship stores that will assist, or buy a magazine that does more = scientific comparative tests =20

Thanks, Mark! I want to use the little digital IXUS the same way, next to my EOS 3 and Contax G2, but I did not know if the IXUS was the wright choise. I came to this choise because I hear very enthousiactic stories about Canon software for the PC! Frank

I just owned the IXUS V3 for few months and I am very satisfied with its small size, its quality and the low price I had to pay for such a great camera. It takes excellent pictures. The quality of the video is unbelievable. Canon makes goot camera for sure.

12106.jpg
12107.jpg
12108.jpg
12109.jpg

Back