Need mount information for my lenses please!

Tirade

Hi,
i recently bought 2 lenses, the 1st is a:

Contax/Yashica ML 50mm f1.9 lens which fits SLR cameras, such as the RTS1, RTS11, RTS 111 etc

and a:

Auto Super-Paragon 135mm F2.8 telephoto lens in Yashica/Contax fit

and i bought a Contax C/Y Lens to Olympus 4/3 Mount Adaptor to fit these 2 lenses
to a mount.

Both the lenses do not fit this mount, even though it seems the mount is the right one, but both lenses seem wider in diameter by a few mm, so will not fit.

Can someone please help me and advice me on the mounts that these lenses will fit into..
I would really appreciate it...thanks guys!!

nickdando

That's odd because both lenses will have a Contax/Yashica mount. The Paragon may be less exact in its fit to a Contax camera, but it should still work fine.

I have a Novoflex 200mm Rapid Follow Focus lens with a Novoflex adaptor and that has fitted correctly on the various Yashica and Contax bodies I've had over the years. It isn't as precise a fit as the real thing, but it does the job. I've never actually tried it on a Canon Eos 10D that has a German-made adaptor, but I've found that the Schneider 28mm PC Super Angulon worked well.

Nick

Tirade

Thanks Nick. I am little confused by what you said. lol sorry
I need to mount these contax/yashica fit lenses but its not onto a camera body, its for a project i am doing, so just need the lens mounts.
I bought that contax c/y mount and its like 2mm too small, so which one would fit these 2 lenses?
Thanks again Nick

nickdando

I was pointing out that the bayonets fitted to the two lenses you've purchased may differ in their accuracy to what Zeiss and Yashica/Contax will have specified. The Yashica lens will most closely match the standard.

As for the 4/3s adaptor, that may be either the wrong kind entirely (i.e. what's been supplied is for a different manufacturers lens) or it could be a shoddy piece of workmanship. Does it attach to the 4/3s camera without problems?Without knowing where you've obtained it from, I can't comment further.

Nick