DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Review Contax Aria

Dirk thanks for responding,

I am not sure about all the pictures but the last group was outside, bright sunshine. I was in the setting for averaging the entire picture. The sun was to my back yet they still came out dark..
I shot another picture at the train museum that was excellent, same settings etc.

Hi all,

the special edition silver Aria with the siver Tessar will cost around 1500 Euro

I could not hold it in my own hands yet, but looking through glass, it looks like the Tessar would be more out of metal then the black one. I will try to check this tomorrow, if I have enough time.

dirk

I hate my stiff on/off switch.

But I find most annoying is the stiff shutter release . So when the Metering readout turns off (way too quick ). I touch the stopdown button and the metering readout lights up again , for a few more seconds.

Works for me.
Got some good shots from my Aria, Using CWM mode .

hello everyone,
I am a future contax slr holder, with special interest for Aria and RX. I have two questions:
1) As I understood, the Aria has no dioptric correction. instead, it has (as mentioned in its spec's) this:

Eyesight Correction Range:
+3d ~ -5d (FL Type Diopters)

what exactly is it, and in what does it differ from the regular dioptric correction?

2) (I place this question here and not at the RX forum) Will the introduction of the new RX II will effect the prices of the first RX?

thanks so much,
Ethan

Ethan,

No, the Aria body doesn't have diopter correction built in, but diopter correction can be obtained by means of a seperate diopter lens, which is fit to the viewfinder and held in place by the rubber eyepiece.
I bought a +1D diopter correction lens, hoping to get an enlarged viewfinder image and thus to be able to focus more accurately. However I found that it didn't work for me. I felt that the diopter lens somewhat blurred the viewfinder image. And dust gathering between correction lens and viewfinder itself was a nuisance.
The only real problem that I've ever had with my Aria was the transport motor breaking down for no apparent reason; cost € 150

Sonny

I am thinking about buying a used Aria
to replace my 159MM that broke down recently.
I have 35/2.8, 85/2.8, 200/3.5, macro tubes
and 2X Soligor multiplier. I am worried about
the possibility to use the Aria with the 200/3.5,
which is rather heavy, and the multiplier on a
tripod. I am afraid it can be too heavy for the
Aria... Does anyone have any experience with
the Aria and an heavy lens on a tripod...?

Thanks in advance

Alessandro

Alessandro,
I have used the 200/3.5 on my Aria (handheld) before but not on tripod and no multiplier on it, its very comfortable although I must confessed its heavy. But surprise..the 200mm fits very nicely on the camera.

Francsi Law

Alessandro,
I have used the 200/3.5 on my Aria (handheld) before but not on tripod and no multiplier on it. Its very comfortable although I must confessed its heavy. But surprise..the 200mm fits very nicely on the camera.

Francis Law

I have an Aria and a 28-85 which is a heavy lens. It seems to work = fine on a tripod. It is little unbalanced when hand held but is still = manageable. Hope that helps.

John

Dear Francis and John,

thank you very much for your mail... they have been useful. I will buy today a 2-hand Aria!

All the best

Alessandro

Back