CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Need to Pick CF Card and Polarizing Filter

I need help in picking a good quality CF card for some rapid shooting and a good quality (not super expensive) polarizing filter for my D70. Any suggestions? Thanks.

T

tomcar

Hi,
Sorry I can't assist with the filter... other than I have a Kood skylight fitted to both my lens...
As far as the CF card goes, I would say go with SanDisk Ultra II... I have several of these, 1Gb cards, today I was able to capture 187 images without any hesitation or loss... I was using continous shooting mode, Jpeg / fine...

I bought a SanDisk Ultra III 1G (overkill but got a great price on sale) and love it. Shot 30+ continuous frames of my dog running around the yard and never hit the buffer (JPG Fine L). Have a 512 Ultra II which is great, too. I use Cokin drop in filters, not cheap but easy to swap between lenses/cameras.