DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Is it a scale model or is it full size?

cjf2

Hawker Hurricane Mark I or a scale model of one.
1 Five oh one on one oh five - Hurricane MkI V7497 .jpg

I suspect it's a model, but damn it's a nice one. It's the grass that looks fake, not the plane itself…

It's the real deal. If it were a model, unless to 1/4-scale, or so, the lettering on the underside wouldn't be that legible. ..... Me thinks.

Since you’re asking I have to conclude that it’s a model, otherwise you wouldn’t be asking. But you know that we know this, so following this logic of thought the inverse must be true. It’s real.

If I’m wrong sue me! LOL

I would say... It's the real deal... with added space to the right. ;)
Yes real. Well spotted, I’d not noticed that cloning repetition on the right that I think was to get rid of the rudder of the next aircraft in a row. I’ve not got easy access to the original at the moment.
Since you’re asking I have to conclude that it’s a model, otherwise you wouldn’t be asking. But you know that we know this, so following this logic of thought the inverse must be true. It’s real.

If I’m wrong sue me! LOL
No it is real but although I took the picture, I was struck with how oddly model like that it seemed.

Yes real. Well spotted, I’d not noticed that cloning repetition on the right that I think was to get rid of the rudder of the next aircraft in a row. I’ve not got easy access to the original at the moment.
It was the angle of shot that made me think it was real. You'd have to be real low to get the shot of something smaller and under its' wing. But when I seen the cloned area I thought, hmm, you wouldn't go to the trouble of shifting the plane to the left if it was a model. That sealed the deal for me, but... it could have steered me wrong. lol
Great image, great plane. Thanks for posting it.

Back