DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Pixel 7 Pro: The best camera is the one you have with you. :-)

philzucker

IMG-20230415-WA0000.jpg

B/W conversion with Snapseed on the device.
Phil

oh, nice idea. I have also the Google 7 Pro. I was a couple of days ago in Prague and made some stair photos in the metro there. Will try to show them later on...

oh, nice idea. I have also the Google 7 Pro. I was a couple of days ago in Prague and made some stair photos in the metro there. Will try to show them later on...
Thanks! The 7 pro is very versatile and quick to use in circumstances like this. And quality is good, used with RAW even better. Do show yours!
Phil

PXL_20230406_105141870.jpg
  • Google - Pixel 7 Pro
  • Pixel 7 Pro back camera 1.95mm f/2.2
  • 2.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/27 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 347

PXL_20230406_105817194.jpg
  • Google - Pixel 7 Pro
  • Pixel 7 Pro back camera 6.81mm f/1.85
  • 6.8 mm
  • ƒ/1.85
  • 1/100 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 376

This shall be one of the longest subway escalators in Europe. I have not measured it :)

Great perspectives. The first four people from the right coming towards the viewer on the second shot all are looking downwards (all save the first one looking at their smartphones, I guess) giving the picture a special mood. That's emphazised by the first person on the right going the other way also looking at her device. Very good catch, showing the modern technology centric world. Would also be great in b/w, I think!

Phil

But, you often have with you the camera that meets your needs. I met a man visiting Oaxaca, Mexico, with a huge bellows camera with 8x10 sheet film. His specialty was architecture and the perspective control on the camera met his needs. My last Pixel was, I think, Pixel 3. I now have the Sony Experia 5 III. It meets my needs.
20230118_103316.jpg
  • Sony - XQ-BQ62
  • 14.5 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/5000 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 320

Back