DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Another test post-image size

lilispapa

Looking for optimum size to post images on several different sites.

U1DSC_9655.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON 1 J5
  • 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6
  • 30.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/25 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 800

Looking for optimum size to post images on several different sites.

500kb and 2048x2048 will be in my view the threshold every site will accept.

That looks very clear Paul. I remember a conversation some time ago and elsewhere of course about how many pixels one actually needs. To me this D/L fine to a 15 inch screen at normal viewing ditsnace.

Great photo BTW

Richard

This looks very good to me, viewed on a 27" iMac screen. The file is 1.9MB with dimensions of 2000x1333 pixels. That's about 56% more area than my current standard of 1600 pixels on the long side. I think you can get way with a bit more jpeg compression and get this down to half the file size while keeping the same dimensions with little loss in overall image quality.

That looks very clear Paul. I remember a conversation some time ago and elsewhere of course about how many pixels one actually needs. To me this D/L fine to a 15 inch screen at normal viewing ditsnace.

Great photo BTW

Richard
Thanks, That's Tina, a bearded dragon that is staying at our house.

From where I am, Paul, the IQ is fine. By the way, is that a huge iguana or something else?

Back