New Contax Website

kubik

(note: I wasn't sure on which thread to post this one, so I chose one that seemed appropriate)

I casually wandered to Contax's rarely-updated website only to discover that (drums rolling) they actually updated it! Actually, they completely reconstructed their website. New interface, new address. There is now a centralized site for Kyocera's photographic lines, which is
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

As I waded through the new website, I could find that the N-Digital is no longer listed, which confirms those long standing rumors about the dismissal of that great but expansive camera. However, the long rumored-to-be-dicontinued Distagon 25/2.8 is still there. No new cameras are announced as yet.

Maybe something is finally moving in Kyocera's marketing department?!?

G Couture

D

dja

>>I casually wandered to Contax's rarely-updated website only to discover that (drums rolling) they actually updated it! Actually, they completely reconstructed their website. New interface, new address. There is now a centralized site for Kyocera's photographic lines, which is
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
<<

I believe that's the old contaxcameras.com site...

Dave

kubik

Dave: It's not the old site. This is an entirely different site. Only the Kyocera logo at the top left is the same. In the C/Y mount, the only cameras remaining are the RTS-III and the Aria, gone are the ST, S2, RX/RX2, 167. Yet no lenses seem to have been removed from the lineup. In the digital section, they only mention the TVSD and 645, gone is the ND. However, all the most recent N-mount lenses are there (including the 400mm Apo, which was not mentioned in the old website)

Guillaume

D

dja

>>Dave: It's not the old site. This is an entirely different site. Only the Kyocera logo at the top left is the same. In the C/Y mount, the only cameras remaining are the RTS-III and the Aria, gone are the ST, S2, RX/RX2, 167. Yet no lenses seem to have been removed from the lineup. In the digital section, they only mention the TVSD and 645, gone is the ND. However, all the most recent N-mount lenses are there (including the 400mm Apo, which was not mentioned in the old website) <<

I should have said the link from the old contaxcameras.com site now points to the new site. I wasn't clear.

Dave

wolfgang

It seems that Kyocera has given up its plans for a high end digital camera by now. So I really wonder why just introducing the N-line and give up the RTS line. To me a very bad signal of Kyocera.

Regards
Wolfgang

matthias

Yes, completely new design and new features (Downloads). Very good! Interesting feature is, that there are comparisons with competitors. Even more interesting are the competitors for the RTS III: Only the NIKON F3 HP is mentioned; indeed a very modern camera which is sold in huge numbers all over the world nowadays. The LEICA is not mentioned there.

matthias