DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Testing forum and Foveon 3D

ArvoJ

Just to start subforum with relevant something :)

SDIM3477.jpg

Sigma SD14, 2011.

Custom WB (taken at sunny afternoon), cloudy weather, little adjustment in SPP. You can see some yellowness above too, but it doesn't distract. AWB or predefined WB settings produce worse colors.
Sure I have many images with green/yellow cast, which is not easy to remove.
And maybe my SD14 sensor is just a good one :) I have seen and analyzed quite a few (raw) images from different (older) Sigma cameras - every sensor is different, some just produce better colors than others.

I'm quite jealous you can make the SD14 colours look like this. Mine produced such frustrating colours, yellow/green cast and all that I gave up on it. DP2M colours seem to be much more natural, yet your SD14 looks great.
Hello Dave

Also SD14:

satExample-3.jpg
  • SIGMA - SIGMA SD14
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/125 sec
  • Spot
  • Auto bracket
  • ISO 100

reminds me when I had my SD14 and SD15 I had so much fun!

I sold them and bought a DPM2 and DPM3. Stupid as I was, I sold them too and now the used prices are so high....

Back