DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

DMRRAW files for downloading and experimenting

DJ, oh my god, what a nice color tonal range, contrast, and sharpness.

Did you use Av metering? and post sharpening?

Albert, all processing was done in ACR3, then saved as TIFF from CS2 so I could add copyright etc. I've for the time being set my default ACR3 sharpening to 75, which seems to be working out alright.

The rest of the ACR3 basics were Exposure +0.60, Saturation +40, Contrast +15, Brightness +50 and the linear curve for reduced contrast. I tend to play between lowering the contrast while raising the saturation and viceversa to not lose detail while evaluating the effect.

On the camera the exposure bias was -0.5 using Av mode and matrix metering, ISO 100. I'm really very happy with the results I'm getting without too much tinkering, certainly more than an "advanced snapshooter" like me ought to be getting
biggrin.gif

DJ, thanks for the info. I should take note of your settings.

Look forward to seeing more pics from your 100 APO.

Albert, I hope you didn't misunderstand me - that photo was with the CZ 35-70, not the R 100, which is still in the mail. Will post some with that as soon as it gets in
happy.gif

DJ, yes I know, and I was so sure the CZ 35-70 does not worth the trouble for my 1D2. But seeing your image change my mind again.

Since this is a Leica forum, we are expecting some cool R100 images from you. :)

Hopefully, more of the members will share pics of DMR when the digital back become available.

CicLF> I wonder how many of 'the members' though are going to buy the CicLF> Leica Digital back? Do we know yet what it's going to cost? CicLF> Also if it's not full frame AND is hugely expensive, and even CicLF> if I had an R8 or R9 which I don't, will it be worth it?

> [I fail to see the advantage of paying over-the odds-prices for an > under-the-spec Leica back. Leica, and their over-the-top reliance on > reputation have already priced themselves out of the 'affordable' digital > market. What's the price difference between a Leica back and a 5400 dpi > scanner (using common-or-garden preferred film? Huh??). Sorry about the > hyphens.

Mike Murphy www.scotcolour.com ]

Well, if it does deliver nicely rendered images, for some it may be worth it not to have to hassle with film development and scanning. At some point, the convenience overcomes the perceived or real difference in quality. Time will tell.

Meantime, my 100 APO is supposed to arrive on the 15th. Patience is a virtue
happy.gif

> [As one of a dying breed of Leica users, Mr. Garcia, I'll wait and see....

Mike]

DJG, I'm not sure whether you're answering my post or not. I originally became a Leica user because of the quality of the lenses. I would really like to use my Leitz lenses with a digital outfit; failing a full frame and affordable Leica digital back I think it makes more sense to use my lenses on a Canon. Failing that, I'm quite content to use them on my R6 with film. I understand that the future of film isn't too rosy, but it will be around for a while. The '100 APO' you're getting is the APO MACRO 100/2.8? I've had this lens for a few years now and I'm sure you'll be delighted with it. I missed your original post, but did you buy it via ebay? Mine was extremely expensive when new but it was well worth the investment. Regards

Back