DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

50mm f14 SummiluxM lens

Posted by James King on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 6:37 pm:

Do you happen to know George Ury's web site? ----------------------------------------------------------------- No. But he advertises in Shutterbug each month.

................................................................. > Any experience with Delta International?

No. Caveat Emptor would be wise.

Dear Sir.

Would you mind to give me help? I just buy a new Summilux-M 1:1.4/50mm lens from the dealer of the Leica in China. But I want to make the confirmation whether it is a real one coming from the Leica Group by its s/n. The s/n of the lens is printed on the lens ring that is 3929800, I put this number into the website http://www.leica-camera.com/cgi-bin/overview.pl/en/sn2p to chech out, but the check result said the s/n 3929800 not exist in the Leica database. What does it happen?

Bob Pan

Bob,
I think you're looking to the register of "Missing Leicas".
The fact that your lens doesn't appear in the register means that it's not a stolen lens.
Hope my information is right,
Regards
Stefano.

Has anyone had any interest/luck using a separate lens hood with the current version of the 50mm M-'lux?

I'm torn between buying a second generation version, because of the protection the clip on hood affords, but the current version has the newer (better?) coatings, and closer focus.... I found that B+W has a 46mm screw-in metal hood.... Anyone know if it vignettes with the 50 lux, or infringes on the (M7) viewfinder?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh3.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___11138___BWLHM46___REG___Ca tID=2226___SID=F3587C02C60

Thanks.

Back