New Leica R lens 2890 f28 zoom

cmdr

Hello everyone,

Regarding the new R lens 28-90 zoom, does anyone have any idea as to what this new lens will sell for?

Regards,
Dale Gee

S

sjcoates

If it is true, with that range (28-90) and max. aperture (f/2.8) it is bound to cost a small fortune, if the 35-70/2.8 is anything to go by. Also, it is likely to weigh a fair bit too.

audun

Hallo Dale

Where did you hear of such a lens? Any links, perhaps?

Sounds like an interensting lens, by the way.

Yours,
Audun I.

dirk

CI-Founder
... there seems to come a 28-90 zoom, but I have not heard anything about an aperture of 2.8. It is still a rumour by the way. At least I have not seen any official statements about it yet.

I find also the aperture of 2.8 very unlikely. My guess will be more in the 3.5-4.5 range. This is for most zoom users enough and it is a lot cheaper and lighter...

tbc

It will be interesting to see. Leica discontinued the 35-70 2.8R due to difficult, expensive, and slow production capability which (probably) did not make it profitable. A 28-90 2.8R would likely be more expensive! I agree with Dirk that likely a 28-90 in the 3.5-4.5 aperture range is more likely.

By the way, the 10/03 Popular Photography has tested the 21-35 R zoom, and said it is likely the best lens in this category they've tested.

cmdr

Hello everyone,

Now that the new R-lens f/2.8-4.5 28-90 zoom lens will be available shortly, has anyone heard of what this lens will sell for?

Regards,
Dale Gee

ellie

Well, Mel Levy sent an email message saying that the price would be $3295...can anyone confirm that price?

Elliot