DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sd15....???

tc95

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    EXIF
    Picture 1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 14
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Sigma_SD15_DSLR_camera_Another_delay_news_291979.html

Sigma SD15 DSLR camera: Another delay?

Thursday 19th November 2009

Chris Cheesman

lowresSD14%20Front%20Side_e_ffb55c860475456f80c97d9986d6a956.jpg

Photographers will have to wait even longer for Sigma's SD15 DSLR, which has been on the cards since the beginning of last year.

The SD15 - due to house the same 14-million-pixel Foveon X3 imaging sensor employed in Sigma's current SD14 model (pictured) - was first announced at PMA in 2008.

But its launch was put back until this summer following a modification to the imaging processor.

Asked whether the SD15 has been put on hold permanently a Japanese spokesman said: 'The SD15 digital SLR is in development and making good progress.

'The Japanese engineers are currently in the process of optimizing performance and image quality, ensuring the best possible results are achieved from the Foveon sensor.

'Whilst an on-sale date for the camera has never been formally published, we will announce the availability in due course.'

I did not think they would put it out till Feb 2010....hopefully they have done some cool stuff with it...so that the wait was worth it...:z04_whis_gummikau02

I still love my SD14...and always get wierd looks when I bring it out and shoot...:z04_photos:

It's been a while so I am catching up on Smilies...!!! :z04_smiliebath:

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Back