DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Butterflies....

Guest .

Banned

Attachments

• Sample 19.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 19.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Sample 22.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 22.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Sample 31.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 31.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Sample 36.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 36.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Sample 37.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 37.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Sample 38.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 38.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 14
Very nice, how far was the lens from the Butterflies ?

I've never been able to get close enough to catch a photo.

Klaus...Yes i am with Stephanie....when ever I get close they fly away..please let-us know your secret....

Those were great images....

Tony C.

Incredible work,
I have the same problem too, although I haven't had much experience with shooting butterflies. I'm afraid my charming personality just doesn't keep them around.

Hi All,

whenever flight distances have to be kept, you need a thing called focal lenght.

In this case I took advantage of the incredible 18-200mm OS hyperzoom and a selfmade macro tube, which Uwe developed.

At 200mm, you can focus from front lens up to 6ft distance. That gets you an enourmous flexibility on the scene.

HERE, I once introduced the tube.

My distance from the butterfly was very different ... between some estimated 3 inches up to a yard.

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

P.S. Just move very very slowly when approaching them .....:)

Back