DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Migrated

Hi left eye & dbateman,

:welcome-to-forum:

Thank you for testing us here!

I am the "man behind the curtain". I do community forum management since 20 years. Not just for photocommunities. But I only run communities in industries I am interested in myself. In most cases I use a product and see that there is something better needed than currently available and found then a forum for it. :teufel-grinsend-schwanz:

I started with my first photocommunity in 2002 with Contaxinfo.com as a Contax owner. Maybe some of you know this brand. It does not exist anymore since 2005. But I was running the biggest Contax community at that time and although this brand does not exist anymore since 18 years, the content is still available at https://camera-info.com. In case you are afraid of longterm committment, I think that sais it all and I doubt you will find other examples like that on the short lived internet.

So I will do whatever it takes to help all dpreview users. I am very experienced in community forums and have the capacity to run also bigger communities. I use the IMHO best forum software out the on the market (I tried them all) and you will realize it, as soon as you compare it. This software is also capable to run huge communities. Not every software is able to do that.

But please compare us with all other solutions. It is in my view important, that you get your own impression about the different possibilites. Everybody has a different taste.

There was a posting of Nasim at dpreview about the difficulties long term to run large communities and I agree with him. So no matter for which forum you will decide on, be patient with these guys.

If requested I can also import and merge other forums into this one or in any other kind of photocommunity. I did that many times already.
I am open for every idea and suggestion. Nothing is set in stone. I just try to give you all immediately a very professional solution which is stable and futureproof.

But before we change here anything, I would like to have first more members registered here. As many members as possible shall participate in the discussion of a future direction of this dpreview-rescue-forum. This shall be a community effort. I am only the nerd behind the curtain who is doing the work and pays the bills for the community. :LOL:

I would find it also interesting to have a cooperation with Nasim. I sent him already an email.

So everything is possible. It is up to you how this will develop.

Feel free to sask questions, I will try to answer them all.

And please do not forget to

:tell-your-friends:
You have probably had the chance to handle the famous Contax Digital N (2002) of 6MP

No, I prefer the generalist forum like DPREVIEW
No, Contaxinfo does not exist anymore. Contax (Koycera) quit the photoindustry in 2005. I merged in 2012 the Contaxinfo.com forum with Camera-info.com, because there was zero traffic anymore to justify the costs and effort to maintain it as a separate community forum.

I'm jealous

You do not have to be. It was agreat-feeling camera, but a beast. No shots above ISO 250 or the image quality suffers and you need an extra car for the batteries you need.

The Contax ND was based on a Medium Format Sensor. But the cooling was very difficult in a small fullframe body. So very fats noise and battery drain. But apart of that, it was really great. I loved it. Good old days....

Back