DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma Dp2 Quattro. Kamchatka. Vulcan Viluchinsky and Halaktyrsky volcanic beach.

Serge

500px
v2

500px
v2

500px
v2

500px. View of Vilyuchinsky volcano from the slope of Gorely volcano Google maps
v2

Breathtaking shots, Serge. Kamchatka is one of my dream places, but it is so out of reach for me in present economic conditions. Thank you for sharing...

Breathtaking shots, Serge. Kamchatka is one of my dream places, but it is so out of reach for me in present economic conditions. Thank you for sharing...
Many thanks, Osman!!!
It does. It is really far away and a bit expensive. Although, flying to Kamchatka is cheaper than flying from St Petersburg to Istanbul.
There are incredibly beautiful and unusual places. The main thing is to be lucky with the weather. There are often cyclones. I have been there twice for scientific meetings and spent several weeks there after.
The infrastructure for tourism is poor, but that is also a good thing, because there is a lot of untouched nature. If you are planning to go there, let me know. I have a lot of friends there and they will definitely help you.

Many thanks, Osman!!!
It does. It is really far away and a bit expensive. Although, flying to Kamchatka is cheaper than flying from St Petersburg to Istanbul.
There are incredibly beautiful and unusual places. The main thing is to be lucky with the weather. There are often cyclones. I have been there twice for scientific meetings and spent several weeks there after.
The infrastructure for tourism is poor, but that is also a good thing, because there is a lot of untouched nature. If you are planning to go there, let me know. I have a lot of friends there and they will definitely help you.
Thank you so much, Serge! A friend of mine was employed in an engineering project in Sakhalin and he invited me there over a decade ago. This was probably one of the biggest chances I have missed in my life; because I would also have the opportunity to see Vladivostok, another dream target for me. But I consider myself lucky to have seen the ephemerally beautiful St. Petersburg...

Thank you so much, Serge! A friend of mine was employed in an engineering project in Sakhalin and he invited me there over a decade ago. This was probably one of the biggest chances I have missed in my life; because I would also have the opportunity to see Vladivostok, another dream target for me. But I consider myself lucky to have seen the ephemerally beautiful St. Petersburg...
Most welcome Osman!!!
Vladivostok and the coast of the Sea of Japan and Sakhalin are very interesting places to visit. I have been there many times before. It's a shame you haven't had the chance to go there.
To be honest, as "someone" who was born in St. Petersburg and still lives there, a lot of things have changed there in recent times. And not for the better. There is a vanishing of a sense of history and time. Loss of landmarks. I have felt this "history" in Rome, in Istanbul and in Izmir, in Efes, in Foça ... what I see in the Crimea - in Chersonesos and so on. That's what I really liked about Turkey - its fascinating history, which doesn't just go back only to Byzantine times.

I agree, Serge; history goes way back as long as there is someone fascinated by this and pursues it. Just like history, Nature faces an equally grim future, I am afraid. I am shooting Istanbul for over two decades now, my earlier shots already look a bit historical...

Back