DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Olympus Books to Read

ed_b

Hello there fellow Oly users,
I am catching up on my reading and adding books to my library on Olympus cameras. How is -

The Olympus Om Way: the Olympus Om Photographer's Companion
by Mannheim, L. Andrew

Is it a good addition or a worthwhile book to add to one's library?
Also, any other suggestions for reading.

Thanx,
Ed Brown -

That one looks like a good one. My favorite is How to Select and Use Olympus OM Cameras, by Carl Shipman.

Man, my copy of 'How to Select and Use Olympus OM Cameras', is first printing and it's DOG-EARED and well-read...
I just ordered a copy of the book's last printing (88-90 something), which am lead to believe also covers the last of the 'true' OM's.
I also scored a copy of 'Olympus: User's Guide Modern Classics', by Hove Foto Books, UK. (Which makes one think about picking up an OM-40 or OM-2 SP, just to have in the bag, after reading thru the book)
But, thanks Mark for the imput.
PS
Have you heard anything about the 'OM Lens Book', apparently published by Olympus in Japan???
Ed Brown -

Back