DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

The SB50 I belive is a DX Flash This will not work properly with the Coolpix 5700. There will be no TTL Flash photography. Go figure.... DX is for Digital, but this camera will not work with it except in manual and auto mode. You will have to get a non DX Flash. I had to turn in the 28DX and get a straight SB28 to work. Now the pictures are perfect. You can also use the SB27, SB26. Go to your manual page 138... half way down in small print it says it wont work in TTL mode with DX Flashes. Sorry to be the bearer of bad new.

My faithful 5700 now flashes a red dot in the upper right corner of the viewfinder, by the letters SB. The manual tells me to take my finger off the shutter button and then press the button again. No matter what, the 5700 now won't shoot! Help! How can this be solved?

> Posted by Ehtesham H. Khan (Uttorian)
> Please help! Is there any way i can print date on my phtos using my 5700

Not directly in-camera with the CP5x00 cameras. This features shows up for the first time in CP8x00 units. However, the precise time is included in the EXIF data, making it possible to add in image processing.

If you are using Photoshop, make sure you have the Info file enabled in the CP5700's setup menu. To access the Info file, you must use a card reader and directory utility - not the camera's USB and NikonView. It is a record of all the shots with their data, in text format, and appears in the folder with the image files. It can be read in any text document editor.

Copy time and date from the info file opened in a text editor such as Notepad. Use the text tool in Photoshop to click where you want it to show up and paste. Choose grey type and set the layer to "Difference" or choose a colour that will show up well in "Normal" mode.

It is easier in Paint Shop Pro, since under the Image menu, you can select Image Information [Shift+I], click on the Creator Information tab and copy directly from there. Again you can use Difference to make sure you get good contrast. If not, again use a contrasting colour.

larry!
http://www.larry-bolch.com/
ICQ 76620504

I have a problem which is intermittent.
camera freezes in operation. viewfinder functions, either showing view or grey speckles. NONE of the other switches or operations function.
to rectify i have to reset camera by removing nd then replacing the battery.
CAMERA HAS BEEN RETURNED TO NIKON WHO ARE UNABLE TO REPLICATE THE FAULT.
still under warranty but 9 months old.

any solution or similar problem please?

Bomberos}

> i have had two CoolPix 5700. My first one used to do something similar to yours. It would just freeze and i couldn't work the shutter or operate other function. i can't recall if i actually had to reset the camera by taking out the battery or else just turn it off and turn it back on. But i used that camera hard for a year and a half and the problem never escalated to anything more serious than an occasional annoyance. My warranty was in the US but i lived in another country and couldn't just send my camera back. That camera bit the dust after it was drenched in the rain. i bought another once, have used it for quite some time and it does not have that problem. If your camera is under warranty i think i'd raise some hell with Nikon.

kathie

Back