DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Shadow Recovery

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
This was posted from Marc Williams in the ND-thread and I copied it additional here:

A note to all ND users. Today I posted a few snapshots taken in fairly contrasty conditions.
It demonstrates the wonderful dynamic range of the ND.

However, some of the shots were accomplished using a few 3rd party designed PhotoShop actions I've found VERY valuable for digital cameras, and even more important for the ND. So. I thought it important to share them with you.

One is called " Shadow Recovery". It's an action that lifts the shadowed areas without effecting the other tonal areas. It really works with the NDs excellent dynamic range. By exposing for the highlights and letting the blacks go, you get rich color and no blown whites. When processing, you run the action before increasing color saturation and the shadow areas open back up.

Another one is called "Chroma Noise Reducer" which also is very valuable when used with the ND files.

There are more, but this is enough for now.
They are available a www.fredmiranda.com
for small $. They are then e-mailed to you along with easy instructions how to load them into your PhotoShop folder.

Back