DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Filmlike look with Esystem possible

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
Hi

I read in another thread here that the colour and Look& feel of a print made of a E-system DSLR is different than to one of a Canon DSLR.

Can anybody elaborate on that? I am not intersted in noise discussion. I am looking for a system, that gives me a look & feel like a slides scanned and printed. I always like images printed from slides better than images from DSLR.

Any experiences with this?

I did read somewhere that the E1 gave the most film like look of all the DSLRS but I cannot remember where and it may have been an advert!
I must have remebered that because the film like look is what I want too.

I indeed does have a film look. This may have to do to the noise levels, or the form of the noise. But particularly with black and white, I find the E-1 produces images indistinguishable from film - at least on screen. Not wanting to keep pushing my work :), but take a look on my website - particularly at Alone Together in the Personal Projects section - 90% shot with E1, remainder E330 and E500.

Back