DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma Dp0 Quattro. Church of Three Riders

Serge

The most unusual building of the Crimean cave city of Eski-Kermen - miniature church (XII century) carved in the round limestone boulder. The temple occupies only 5.5 m long and 3.5 m wide. The huge boulder cut two entrances and a small window, and nearly half of the internal space is occupied by an altar. On the north wall is the only preserved fresco with a rare story, which gave the name of the temple. It shows three horsemen in flowing cloaks in the center - Saint George slaying the dragon, right and left - the horsemen with lances, and behind one of them a child sits.
Google maps

v2

Inside the Сhurch (ƒ/8.0 ; 2s ; ISO 200)
I couldn't go inside. It's closed so that tourists don't damage the ancient mural. I put my hand with my camera through the small window. It was dark enough and I took a picture of the SFD. It came out well :)

v2

Last edited:
Back