CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Nikon lens adapter to Sigma SD 14 body...

tc95

Does anyone know where I might find one of these adapters...I have several Nikkor lenses that I would like to test out on my SD10....if the adapter really works....

Thank you ahead of time.

Tony C.

tc95

Hey guys....I went ahead and purchased this lens adapter....

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I am using a Nikkor 200mm F2 IS-ED lens...manual focus lens....and I can not believe how nice this works out....I am so glad...I did this...

These are unedited pictures that I just took let me know what you think...

Test 1.jpg

Test 2.jpg

Test 3.jpg

Test 4.jpg

Test 5.jpg

Let me knowwhat you think...

Tony C. :z04_breakdance.gif:

Guest .

Banned
Hi Tony,

congratulations ... that looks really nice!

It is a pitty that this adapter does not work with the SD14 ... :)

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

EDIT: Sorry, I did not read carefully enogh .... we are talking about an SD14 solution ... ;)

tc95

Klaus,

Actually this adapter is for the SD14...it turns the mount into a Nikon F mount...the mount will auto adjust the ISO but will not auto focus...manual only....most of my good nikkor lenses are manual only...so it does not bother me...

I will have more pictures later so you judge for yourself....

This mount is not like the other one you told me about...this one actually replaces the Sigma SA mount on the camera...I did alot of looking at the other mount and figured this one would be safer with my big lenses...

Nikkor 200mm f2, 300mm f2.8, 600mm f5.6, & 800mm f5.6.....all manual lenes....

I will have stuff later next week to review...

Tony C.

Guest .

Banned
Klaus,

Actually this adapter is for the SD14...it turns the mount into a Nikon F mount...the mount will auto adjust the ISO but will not auto focus...manual only....most of my good nikkor lenses are manual only...so it does not bother me...

I will have more pictures later so you judge for yourself....

This mount is not like the other one you told me about...this one actually replaces the Sigma SA mount on the camera...I did alot of looking at the other mount and figured this one would be safer with my big lenses...

Nikkor 200mm f2, 300mm f2.8, 600mm f5.6, & 800mm f5.6.....all manual lenes....

I will have stuff later next week to review...

Tony C.

Hi Tony,

sorry for that misunderstanding ... I did an EDIT above to correct me!! :)

I am very much looking forward to your SIGMA-NIKON findings.

Klaus

dirk

CI-Founder
Klaus,

Actually this adapter is for the SD14...it turns the mount into a Nikon F mount.......

..this one actually replaces the Sigma SA mount on the camera...

Tony C.

Hi Tony

are you saying that you were able to find a solution to connect a SD14 with Nikon lenses and still be able to focus on infinity?

Could you please upload pictures of this adapter mounted on the SD14?

Best wishes

dirk

CI-Founder
mmmhhh

I found the ebay link you posted in the other thread here too. I upload the images here because ebay will not store them. But I am still curious, whether this works at infinity too.

Did you make the conversion? Is this something easy?

here is the auction:

here are the images:

nikon_adapter.jpg

nikon_adapter_an_SD14.jpg

nikon_adapter_an_SD14_seite.jpg

If this really works, this would be sensational! Finally thousands of Nikon users would be willing to test a Sigma SD14 and would realize it's benefits. The barrier to test it with existing glasses is extremely low if you have the low price tag of the SD14 in mind.

And now that Sigma bought Foveon, nobody can make a "me-too" product! This is coooool!

In the past it was always a problem with the SD14. The SD9 & SD10 were possible with the Jtat adapter because of the different mount. See the other thread for the JTAT adapter:

The seller on ebay writes:

This kit replaces the original SA mount by a custom made Nikon-F one effectively rededicating the camera to the Nikon system. That is why I called it an SD14-F mount.It replaces the SA mount using the original screws to attach to the camera body and is entirely reversible.
Of course the camera will only operate in Manual Focus as the Nikon F lenses are Manual and , although some AF lenses will fit the mount , as you can see in some of the images in this listing , their operation will downgrade to Manual Focus , since there is no electric communication between the camera and the lens.

This mount is so new that nobody has it , other than me , and therefore there is not yet a list of lenses that can or cannot be used in the SD14 without interference with the Dust Filter , which is always a possibility with those Ultra wide angle lenses and Fisheyes that made Nikon famous.

You will be able to see images taken with the Nikon lenses at :​

tc95

Nikon F adapter on Sigma...

Dirk,

Yes the person or persons I bought this little gem from off ebay....created a mount that goes in place of the sigma ring mount....so good new you can use Nikkor lens F mount AI or newer...it is only manual focus and it has so far worked in aperture priority mode or manual mode...the other modes do not work well..unless you do the math calculataions first....too much while out shooting...

I can take a picture of the camera with the adapter on it...however if you all so look at the link I will post it has both what it looks like and how to install it....the ebay link you have on your post

Now the bad new...you are making a modification to the camera....which will void any warrantee that you have with it...I figured that I will probably get a SD15 so I was willing to sacrafice my SD14.....

On Friday Nov. 21st I will try a few lenses on my Sigma for you....
Zeiss ZF 1.4/50
Nikkor 14-24mm F2.8
Nikkor 50mm F1.2 will be soft needs cleaning
Nikkor 200mm F4

and a few other, I will post pictures just like the 200mm F2 that is from another thread....

I did do the conversion myself....here is the link to that....very easy just have to be a little patent....

Conversion

I did not have any issues...and as you can see the instructions are strait forward and to the point....they also make a Lecie-R mount too....

Here

I will post the pictures and let you know what I find out and will check on the infinity focus....I do think it will work but can not remember if any of my shots are at that focal point....

Sorry this is late...long night...

Tony C.

dirk

CI-Founder

On Friday Nov. 21st I will try a few lenses on my Sigma for you....
Zeiss ZF 1.4/50
Nikkor 14-24mm F2.8
Nikkor 50mm F1.2 will be soft needs cleaning
Nikkor 200mm F4

and a few other, I will post pictures just like the 200mm F2 that is from another thread....

I will post the pictures and let you know what I find out and will check on the infinity focus....I do think it will work but can not remember if any of my shots are at that focal point....

Sorry this is late...long night...

Tony C.

Hi Tony

Thank you for your quick reply. This is really good news!

I am curious whether you will have problems with the Nikon 14-24/2.8 because of the filter inside the SD14

If we can manage a kind of compatibility list in this thread, this would help a lot of people.

Warranty does not matter. If you can get a SD14 for around 300 Euro new, it is nothing compared to the prices of the Nikon lenses many users have.

I have sold unfortunately my Nikon gear 6 months ago, because there was no adapter available and I absolutely wanted to stick with the SD14.

But one of our moderators of our German Nikon forum is searching like crazy for a Nikon adapter for Sigma. I just sent him an e-mail. I hope he will be able to get still one of these adapters. He would convert immediately and buy a SD14

This is how you seduce people into the Foveon sensor :)

Good news ideed. So let' wait for you lens tests. Maybe in an extra thread so that this one is not getting too big...

Thanks a lot for sharing this information!

tc95

Sigma SD14 Conversion...

Dirk,

I would tell your friend that off eBay
has always sent me stuff very quickly and they are an authorized Sigma dealer no Grey market...the US price is $300...I think in Euros right now that is 240,

I will start a new thread once I have done some test shots...I have added to the list a 11-16mm Tokina and few other lenses

The people that carry the adapter sell about 2 or 3 a month...if you would like me to contact them...I can to see about international shipping..

Tony C.

LUIS A GUEVARA

SD14 to Nikon F Mount Replacement kit.

I would like to thanks Dirk for his kind invitation to participate in the forum. Nothing would make me more happy. I am devoted to Sigma cameras and will not pass any opportunity to promote its survival .

I also would like to thanks Tony C , tc95 , for their enthusiastic endorsement of our products

It is true . We manufacture Mount replacement kits that allows you to rededicate your camera to either Leica-R or Nikon-F.

4.jpg

IMG27733.jpg

We had also created a solution for mounting Contax C/Y lenses but it was discontinued because it required cutting the aperture levers on the lenses , something that most owners would not tolerate.

IMG00019.jpg

IMG28547.jpg

We also have prototypes for Canon FD and Minolta MF mount replacement kits.

Our products can be purchased mainly at eBay where we sell them as: virtualcameraboutique , but also directly from me by email at either luis@virtualcameraboutique.com or luis@sigmacumlaude.com

For more information please visit my website
and my personal galleries :

dirk

CI-Founder
Hi Luis,

first a warm welcome to our Sigma User Forum!

if using the Nikon mount adapter, is there any problem with focusing at infinity or with close-ups?

That with Contax C/Y mount is sad. I really would have loved to use them on my SD14...

Is there still anywhere a construction guide like with Nikon available?

The Zeiss 80-200/4.0 and the Zeiss 25/2.8 would be really nice...

What is about Contax N-System? (Autofocus) Conurus is offering conversions for Canon. Since Canon and Sigma mount have the same distance and almost the same electronics, this should be also possible. I think Conurus is also a new member here.

Maybe he can say a word about Contax N-System in an extra thread? Or do you have an idea for it?

Best wishes

LUIS A GUEVARA

Hi Luis,

first a warm welcome to our Sigma User Forum!

if using the Nikon mount adapter, is there any problem with focusing at infinity or with close-ups?

Thanks Dirk. There is no problem with focusing at close ups since the internal optical elements move away from the mount . Infinity focus is achieved in most lenses larger than 35mm of focal length .

Short focal lenses sometimes present internal interference with the SD14 Dust Filter that, because it doubles as an Infra Red filter ,cannot be removed .This interference happens in some very old AI Nikon lenses that happen to have a Light shield at the exit pupil . In most cases that shield can be trimmed off with a Dremmel easily.

That with Contax C/Y mount is sad. I really would have loved to use them on my SD14...
Is there still anywhere a construction guide like with Nikon available?

The Zeiss 80-200/4.0 and the Zeiss 25/2.8 would be really nice...
Contax lenses are very nice ,look very nice in the SD14 and make very nice sharp images , but THEY ARE MECHANICALLY WEAK. Most Contax lenses have chronic problems with sticking Diaphragms.

I never created an illustrated guide , but I recomend that if you like those lenses is better to convert them to Sigma mount , which is somewhat easy to do and you can still use the Sigma lenses .

IMG28547.jpg

What is about Contax N-System? (Autofocus) Conurus is offering conversions for Canon. Since Canon and Sigma mount have the same distance and almost the same electronics, this should be also possible. I think Conurus is also a new member here.

Maybe he can say a word about Contax N-System in an extra thread? Or do you have an idea for it?

Best wishes
Contax-N was the last implementation of Zeiss in the Contax brand and incorporated a lot of very weak materials in the focusing helicoid that broke easily . The Canon conversion of those lenses is really expensive , upwards of $400 dollars plus 2 shipping charges . I would never go that way . For less money you can buy better lenses from the Leica Stable that never brake and are optically superior.

Luis

dirk

CI-Founder
Hi Luis

thanks for the information. I am surprised that you heard there have been many problems with Contax lenses for Diaphragms. I have not heard anything about this so far. Neither for the N-lenses. And we are running the biggest Contax community on the net for years (
).

I agree that the Leica lenses have a still a better quality with materials and some handling (half f-stops etc.), but there was also a big price difference. So if optically Zeiss was the same league (for lens flare Zeiss was even better), it is a question of price to get the extra 5% in metal quality ;)

And we are talking on a very high quality level already compared to other brands :z04_nic_0075:

Nowadays with second hand prices so weak for both, this is a different story. I like both, especially if they are in front of a Foveon sensor :z04_Flucht:

Best wishes

LUIS A GUEVARA

Hi All,

this is very interesting Info ... thanks! :)

Klaus

Well here you have one ,hope you like it:
SIGMA SD9 with 16mm f2.8 Leica Elmarit-R
PLEASE CLICK ON IT TO SEE IT FULL SIZE

Attachments

• Blue Herons.jpg
    Blue Herons.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 91

LUIS A GUEVARA

I like this one :z04_9856:

Just imagine this 16mm with a fullsize Foveon sensor.... This would be breathtaking...maybe in a few years...

To be honest, my hopes for a Full Frame Sigma Model evaporated when the SD14 REDUCED THE SIZE OF THE MIRROR CAGE TO A 4/3 SENSOR SIZE .

The SD9 and SD10 had a FULL SIZE MIRROR CAGE and where perfect for an eventual Full Frame sensor. The SD14 and SD15 do not have the internal dimensions necessary for a full frame. However since they acquired Foveon there might be a new commitment to a new line of DSLR , perhaps a Pro Version , parallel to the Prosumer SD15.

Lets hope for that ( And hopefully no microlenses in it )

Luis

conurus

The design philosophy of a Contax N series lens is to take a manual focus lens and add autofocus to it. Each lens consists of an inner optical assembly made of metal and an outer autofocus/electronics shell, making it possible to service the latter without affecting the former in any manner.

Perhaps no amount of persuasion will tempt the manual focus aficionado to go auto, but Contax N is without a doubt as close as it gets to a true manual focus lens. Look at the old school metal construction and the generously wide, well-damped focusing ring with full time manual focus, and we have to give credit to Contax engineers' sincere attempt to placate the true connoisseur, and lament Contax's demise. Never had the world seen such solid construction in an autofocus lens, and perhaps never again will.

(Exceptions are the 28-80 as a budget kit lens to NX and the 70-200 which while having a metal inner barrel it has a plastic exterior shell.)