DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Which Peint Film To Use

Rainer,

I do not believe that Superia "amateur" films are more advanced than current "Superia Reala 100".

There would be no reason not to update "professional" Reala as well.

When I want the best pssible image quality I use Konica Impresa 50. The film has less contrast than other print films. It has the best grain and resolution of all print films. If used with a sturdy tripod and mirror lockup etc. Konica Impresa 50 will do the best possible job. It is like using the discontinued Ektar 25 w/o the crossover and contrast problems. For a 100 speed film I use Kodak Supra 100. I buy the imported film from B&H @ $1.99/ 36x roll. It has very nice quality. I rarely use a higher speed film. Unfortunately if you do not print your own color and make use of a sturdy tripod it will be very hard to get the best out of these films. If you expose a fast film and it seems too grainy try adding an additional 1/2 to full stop more exposure (for ex&le try 560 and 400 as a film speed for asa 800 print film.
Claire Senft

Back