CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 ED

M

mholdef

Nikon has announced a new line of scanners to replace the current line (IV, 4000 and 8000).

They announce faster scanning and higher Dmax as well as an all-new image sensor.

Has anyone seen results notably from the Super Coolscan 5000? Noticeable difference compared to 4000?

Mark

M

mholdef

Thanks Dirk

Just seemed that timing of launch varied from one country to another as much noise made around Europe and Asia but not sure about USA. Thought maybe a chance had been on shelves in US or at least in Asia perhaps.

In France I know expected next week.

Actually eager in that I had bought a the 4000 ED a couple weeks ago but brought it back immediately when I heard they were coming out with the 5000 with a higher DMax and faster scanning speeds in addition to new sensor.

I only scanned a few black and white negs with the 4000 but already quality was leagues beyond the LS-2000 I own with which I've been struggling with for B&W negatives. A real problem for a Leica user!

happy.gif

Mark