CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

No further development

matthias

It was supposed since long times that there will be no further development in the manual Y/C-mount.

If you have a look at
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
you will find that there are no "Products" but only "Support" for "Optical Equipment".

Does that mean, that Kyocera has decided to stop ANY furhter development of optical equipment ?

matthias

W

writing4me

Thanks for pointing out that page Matthias. I too would like to know why they don't have photographic and optical listed under products. Is it a mistake or intentional? -Lynn L.

mcp

Hi Matthias! You don't have to go that far: Type in "
" an you will be redirected to Zeiss.de. The "yashica-kyocera-zeiss"-connection is over, folks. Regards Martin

W

writing4me

I wish someone from Zeiss would tell us what to make of this.

F

fastfashn

"The "yashica-kyocera-zeiss"-connection is over, folks. Regards Martin"

Where do you get this stuff? I think you are completely off on this. -Dana

bobbl46

Well said Dana!

If anyone knows anything concrete...then say so!

Otherwise STOP rumour-mongering!

Bob

matthias

Ask them directly - and not only ZEISS, ther's KYOCERA to talk with.

Write them, phone them.There's an active forum. We have to show them that there may be economical success. If we do not do that, we are the ones to blame, because we are sitting in our fauteuil waiting for the world to visit us.

So let's stand up and make pressure to them. Even if they say "NO", it's better than to say nothing at all. If enough people ask them they will see, that there is amarket, they probably do not want to lose.

It's money that matters

It's the customer who pays the salaries

matthias

O

ou1954

>Posted by William Besz (Wbesz) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 12:15 am: > >This new website has contax film cameras. > >
> >William

===== Thanks,

They seem to be very fluid in their website.

Now a question in general. I know this topic has been beat to pieces in the past but I think I should replace my RTS and winder with something newer. Nothing fancy, just need to use my existing good lenses. My thought turns towards a used Aria.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and if you want to respond off-list to avoid cluttering the list again, you can at:

dwilli10 at san dot rr dot com

Thanks,

DAW

jsmisc

Don,
I have an Aria which I bought new from Delta International. Their web site is
. They have the Aria for sale at the moment for $473. I found them great to deal with even though I was buying from the UK. The only downside was the UK taxes I had to pay on top!
They also gave a 7! (I think) year guarantee.
The price seemed so reasonable to me for a brand spanking new camera that I went for that rather than a second hand one here. Although in fact the taxes made it less of a good deal but I don't suppose you would have to pay extra taxes if you are dealing within the USA. When I bought mine it was $499, so it has come down in price a bit.
It's a super camera. It is very handy and versatile. I also have an RX which I also love but I use the Aria on occasions when I need light weight- recommended. I think I prefer it to the G2 but I like manual focusing.
Hope that helps,
John

S

spluff

John,

How much did you have to pay in UK taxes - I'm thinking of going down the same route?

Cheers, Saras

jsmisc

Hi Saras,
The shipping charge was $38 and the "duty" was £12.87 plus VAT of £64.12 plus a Fedex administration fee of £4.50 making a total of £81.49. So the camera was $499 plus $38 which makes roughly £320 plus the taxes on top of £81.49 making a total of £401.49.
Since Jonathan Haris has a mint second hand one on his list for £397, I probably still did well as I got a brand new one and there was that 7 year guarantee. But £320 for the camera including p&p would have been a really good deal.
I've had my Aria for about a year.
Fedex pay all the charges up front so there is no delay and they send you an account.
Apparently if there is a problem, you get the camera repaired here, perhaps by Kyocera and under the guarantee, the cost of the repair is then refunded. The repair has to be authorised first of course. I think that Delta may now have reduced the guarantee to 3 years for current sales. Of course one hopes never to need a guarantee.
I did find Delta good to deal with.
Cheers,
John

S

spluff

Hi John,

Thanks for that - duty and VAT is one of those hidden costs that I can never quite work out before deciding to buy from abroad!! But youi've given me a good idea on what I should look out for - basically I add around 25% to the asking price (and then converting at the current exchange rate!!). I'll go and check that website right now...!!

Cheers, Saras