DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

I forgot wich film

buxus

Hello,
I'm a enthusiastic M6 user but ....
can someone tell me how can I remember wich kind of film have I loaded? Infact I normally use diferent kind of films, B&W negative or positive, colour slides and more. One time I visited a website were they sell a accessory to apply on the back of the M6 to hold the classic film box label to remember the film loaded, but I don't find it again. Can someone help me?

Aurelio

If they can put a simple window on the film door of the Hexar RF, then, why the heck can't they put one on the back of the M6?

As for gluing one of those gadgets (sliders) onto the back of MY camera!!!!!!! I shutter to think that I (personally) would ever resort to doing that.

But, to each their own!

Cheers

Something that works nicely is using colored Tom Abrahamsson Softies. I have a green softie which tells me the M is loaded with TRI-X (I have three colors, red, green, black). You could set-up a bit of mental color code for yourself. http://www.rapidwinder.com if you want to check on Softie colors with Tom.

Cheers.

Go with the "Slide".
You can't go wrong unless you neglect to use it.
While you are at it, check out the other items he has. The "Steer" makes one-finger focusing on the 90 F2, the 75 F1.4 and the always useful Noctilux.

Back