DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Which P&S do you use?

My current P&S camera which I have been using for some years now is a Fujifilm F30. I always carry it in my bag.

DSCF2016.JPG

Sorry about the quality. The photo was taken by the camera itself in a mirror :)

Sorry about the quality. The photo was taken by the camera itself in a mirror

:)

That is creative!

I sold my Canon G9X again by the way. Still keep the Ricoh GR. The GR ist still the king of image quality in a compact size.

I hope that Sony or Canon or Nikon will surprise us within the next 12 months with the next generation of 1 inch sensors. Then I might add a new P&S again.

The other side I am looking at are the smartphones. The new Samsung Note 8 was just released with Dualcamera. Have not seen yet a test about it. Also Google will bring the second generation of its Pixel soon to the stores. And of course Apple iphone in a few weeks :)

My primary compact camera is a Canon G11. Under the right conditions it produces excellent images. Around or in water I use a Panasonic TS4. I still have but rarely use Canon A620 and Canon A720.

Nothing changed since my last posting in 2016. Until now, there has not been any P&S in 2017, which seduced me. I do have still my Ricoh GR.

2017 was a lame year for high-end P&S. I am afraid we have to wait until Photokina 2018 (September 2018) until we see something really new.

But 2018 could also be the breakthrough year for Smartphones. The recent developments of Samsung Note 8, Apple X and Google Pixel 2 show, that the main criticism of smartphones, the lack of DOF control, will be soon history. So the right of life even in the high-end market will be in question for P&S, if they differ not enough from smartphones...

My primary compact camera is a Canon G11. Under the right conditions it produces excellent images. Around or in water I use a Panasonic TS4. I still have but rarely use Canon A620 and Canon A720.
I also used Canon G11 and was completely satisfied with it!

Back