DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

The Mini 3 is a real gem! I have some fabulous 24 X 36 inch prints from that camera (on Agfa Ultra 50, back in the day) and I think the lens is fantastic. It is, however, quite wide at 32mm. The Z2X is another nice little camera, cheap and easy to use, and it makes great photos. The 35-70 lens is a little more versatile than the Mini 3's fixed wide angle. The Z2X is also easier to find.

That said, I love the Minilux and I use it quite often. In the everready case it is like a Leica CL with AF and automated advance :) Does anyone know if the Minilux (non-zoom) was made in black?

- marc

Dear Marc,

Not any more. Leica made a short run of black bodies in 1996 (I have one).

I am hoping Leica will shortly bring out the Minilux II renaming the lens more correctly Hektor, with 1/1000 shutter speed and providing a lenshood.

Regards,

Justin

Does anyone know if the Minilux (non-zoom) was made in black? > > - marc

Ja, there is one on Ebay today

> Well, I guess the black Minilux is out of my price range! but that is OK because I love my titanium-colored specimen. Check out how it looks in various colors of leather (I settled on the dark brown lizard): http://www.cameraleather.com/leica_minilux/index.htm

The recently introduced special edition from Leica inspired me to bug my friend Morgan at cameraleather and he made the template for the Minilux. I really does feel good in actual leather :)

- marc

Dear Marc,

That is why there are not any bids.

E-mail the vendors and offer them US$450.00 for the new ones in box. I bet they reply after the auction is over with no bids.

Best of luck,

Justin

The Leica/Contax P&S were out of my price range. I now own a Ricoh GR1s - love the lens and it its handling. Sometimes get a bit sick of the 28mm lens, however this focal length complements my SL2 kit. My kids have an Oly mju-2. It has an excellent 35mm fixed foca llength. The flash is great and the clamshell design and light weight (polycarbonate) body really mean you can take it anywhere.

Too keep dust/fluff out I carry the cameras in a resealable poly bag in my pocket. Certainly the quality of the photos (sharpness/contrast at 7x5 enlargements are equal to the Contax and Leica offerings.

Back