Ordering film from overseas and XRay

Discussion in 'Q&A for better images' started by Leicacam, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Leicacam

Leicacam Guest

Hello,

I am considering to order a 20-pack of Velvia 100F from a New York based dealership and have it shipped to my address here in Europe. Does anyone know if carriers (UPS, FedEx or USPS) scan the pack with X-Ray so that it will possibly destroy my films? Thanks!

Vincent

2. uj78

uj78 Active Member

>=20 > Have it sent UPS and it will be just fine I by all my film from B&H in NY=20 > and have it shipped by UPS or FED ex and have no problems none should be=20 > expected because it is leaving the country. >=20 > Mark W. >=20 > Canonitis FD sufferer and collector of 1950s rangefinder cameras including= =20 > Braun/Paxettes and Leica LTM cameras and optics >=20 > Show and tell: You must be logged in to see this link. >=20 > Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, as you are crunchy and taste good=20 > with ketchup!=A0=A0=20 >=20 >=20 >=20

3. ninekit

ninekit Guest

x-ray is probably OK, but you may likely be charged for import custom / duty, plus the P&P, i doubt if there is any benefit mail order fromt the states. i live in UK and always buy my photography related consumpables from You must be logged in to see this link. check it out to see if its any good for you.

4. Leicacam

Leicacam Guest

Thanks for all the tips! I have checked out You must be logged in to see this link. Andy...My first order was just posted. They are very reasonable to say the least. Thanks so much!

Best regards,

Vincent

5. ninekit

ninekit Guest

I am glad you found it useful. :D

6. mholdef

mholdef Guest

You must be logged in to see this link. looks like a great website only for poor souls in France I believe they don't ship !

Anyone know of a good UK-based online photo store that stocks many products at decent prices and that ships to France? I'm from New York and quite used to B&H and have never found anything like it in France.

I imagine there must be something like it in the UK, would be keen to have any recommendations.

Many thanks,

Mark

7. jcr

jcr Member

Friends get stuff from 7dayshop in the UK, all right. Otherwise try = You must be logged in to see this link.. Nowhere near as cheap, but very reliable.=20

8. mholdef

mholdef Guest

What I'm actually looking for is HP Premium Plus photo paper, in both glossy and matt.

Matt is especially hard to find

Mark

9. iluvbibi

iluvbibi Member

i got the same problem

i got the same problem